Monday, March 16, 2015

Day 13 (and 14)

So I have been a little lax in keeping up with my blogging.  The weekend was busy and I did have my challenges, but I just did not get to the page to remark about it all.  It makes me feel good, actually, that I had little time to reflect.  Life is somewhat about doing, right?

Friday was my sister's 50th birthday. Somehow this makes me feel old.  It makes me feel older than my own 50th did.  I don't know why.  It just does.  This was also the week that my daughter turned 21 and our close family friend, Ian turned 20.  There was lots of celebrating to do.  Friday night Bridget came in town to pack some things for the beach and drop off her lovely puppy, Evie.  Bridget brings some serious challenge to the shopping moratorium.  She is my partner in crime, no doubt.  We also celebrated Ian and my sister this weekend.

Friday evening we gathered Ian and Bridget together at Wolf's Ridge Brew Pub for a nice dinner. I was having a tiny personal celebration at this dinner:  I resisted shopping with Bridget at TJMaxx for summer swim suits.  I wasn't sure if I would be able to do this when it came before me.  I traded in a shopping trip with my baby girl for an hour of yoga and a glass of pinot grigio.  Not a bad trade.  So, at dinner I felt pretty good about my first two weeks of fast.  We laughed a lot and ate a lot and enjoyed a lot.  Bridget got to order a drink and the waitress didn't even card her...bummer.

Saturday was really busy, too.  Most weekend days begins with yoga.  It is centering and powerful.  This Saturday I had to disrupt the normal plan by scheduling an MRI that turned out to be quite painful.  The way they had my shoulder packed in that machine was brutal.  It doesn't sound like much to say, "you will be out of there in 30 minutes." However, by the time 15 minutes were up, I was close to pushing that panic button to see if the tech could move me.  I have rarely been in such pain. Normally, I would reward my MRI suffering with a bit of shopping.  This Saturday, I just went home and did that hour of yoga my body, mind, and spirit so crave.

The long and the short of the weekend is pretty simple: nice meals with the my family, including my sister's crew and my son Kevin;  yoga to calm my nerves and feed my soul; long talks with my husband; and much needed sleep. Conspicuously missing was shopping of all kinds.  Also missing was grading.  Therefore, I must get to work.  Happy Monday morning to all.  70 and sunny today.  Get out and soak up some sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment