Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Day 16

It just occurred to me this minute that I am in the double digits on this days-off-shopping thing.  I am fairly surprised by that.  I will be rounding three weeks pretty soon and I may celebrate by eating a little dark chocolate tonight.

Yesterday was an ordinary day.  Between doctoring, yoga, and my glass of wine last night, I had no real time to shop.  I am overwhelmed by grading and some paper issues with my juniors.  It seems there is always, always work to fill my shopping time. Who knew how much time I had for work?

I thought I would feel less stressed by this fast.  In reality, paying attention to spending and shopping make me feel way worse.  I feel more stressed and am sleeping really poorly.  I am not saying the two are connected. But...you do the math.

My doctor suggested I try eliminating fructose from my diet.  Dear God...it is all fast all of the time in my life lately.  I have decided to try this, though.  I have worked with my wonderful husband to create a shopping list for the grocery.  I miss the grocery a lot.  I love fresh fruit, vegetables, spices, meats, fishes, etc from the grocery. I find it to be an aesthetic experience, this grocery shopping. It is a fill for the senses and the palette. I miss the little taste tester bins and trial size offerings.  I miss being able to examine and choose just the right squash or bag of spinach. Crazy. I know.  What else is new?

Ah, well.  Off to correct more papers.  No time to shop; no time to reflect; no time to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment