Thursday, March 26, 2015

Day 17---------ah, well

So, daily posting has become way to cumbersome for my life. As much as I do love to blab, I find that this venture into not shopping has not been nearly what I imagined and I, therefore, struggle to  have very much to say about this experiment. As a matter of fact, except for a few tiny temptations, I have not found this fast to be too difficult at all.

It has been many years since I have gone almost a month without shopping.  I have been a bit under the weather of late, that has helped me avoid shops of all kinds, on-line and catalog, included. Typically, I am readying myself, classroom, and home for the upcoming season and planning purchases as many do daily work agendas.  There is much to do to spoil my children and students for the Easter celebrations of spring. Easter requires new clothes, baskets of treats, little surprises for friends and homeroom. It is a time to investigate new styles, colors, and patterns for the home and self.  Generally, I spend hours perusing catalogs and websites.  This Lent has been quite a serious fast from the usual.

I have most definitely enjoyed looking at my bank account.  It is the first time in my life that I have logged onto the bank statement account website situation. I do find that I check on my progress at least once every few days.  Although I know that I haven't even spent money on anything but meals  and doctors, I still like that written confirmation.  I do feel a sense of peace knowing that I have not added to my wonderful husband's stress level.  I do feel a minuscule sense of accomplishment. That does seem silly, considering I haven't done a darn thing.  I just feel a bit afraid for what may be to come when the newness of the venture wears off.

I find that  I have more time for yoga.  That is a true blessing. I cannot speak loudly enough about what yoga has meant to my life over the last year.  I have never felt so good about my body and my physical strength.  That is not to say that I am some yogi beast.  It just means that I feel more empowered than I have before.  I feel a control that makes me worry less about my continual aging in the face of this bear-of-a-chronic illness that will not leave me alone.  The ability to balance and stretch and move with power give me a sense of contentment that I truly appreciate.

Well, that's my little update.  I am on my way to a yummy dinner from Texas Roadhouse.  Hopefully, the next time you hear from me, it will not be to say, "I can't do it."  Not everyone believes I can really keep this up (Ross).  We will just have to see, I guess. We will just have to see. TGIT!




No comments:

Post a Comment