Monday, March 30, 2015

One month!

It seems crazy to say it has been one month since I have even been in a shop.  Even crazier is the idea that I have barely spent any money on anything.  I have purchased a couple of meals and a couple of coffees.  That is it.  I just received my spending summary for last week...nothing, zero dollars.  Wow, I don't think that has ever happened before.  Wow.  This is going better than I expected.

I did have a few weak moments last week.  My daughter sent me a link to an article about the very interesting, confusing, and fun collaboration between my love Lilly Pulitzer and Target.  There were pictures attached, which were viewed.  The stuff looks fabulous! Bathing suits, rompers, sundresses, scarves, superb bags: they nailed this collection for spring.  One of the bathing suits is especially reminiscent of a Lilly bikini I owned and wore on my spring break over thirty years ago.  Everything old is new again.  I could have easily clicked over to Target on line and started shopping for Bridget and myself.  However, I did no such thing.  I simply emailed Bridget and told her she should do her own shopping.  Yikes, I can't believe my self-control.

Also, I actually ran into some friends at the Starbucks in a Target entrance last Friday after school.  I ran in to get my coffee so that I can stay awake for the unusually long drive home on Friday afternoons.  I like to go west to 315 to avoid I71 on Fridays.  I could go Cooke to Northwest, but the Starbucks is too difficult to get in and out of on Friday afternoons.  So, I ran into Starbucks at the corner of Morse and High. That way I can just shoot down to Henderson and go due west to catch 315 south.( This driving description thing is a fall out of just one week in California)  A few friends, as it turns out, also stopped  Three of my De Sales colleagues ran in to that same Target location.  Two to get coffee like me and one just to run errands.  I sat way in front by the windows to avoid the store and I was easily spotted, it seems.  It was so fun to chat and catch up for a few minutes at the end of the long week.  It was one of those things, that never could have been planned in advance, it was just serendipity.  Yet, it was such a relaxing way to close out the school day.

I really had to avert my eyes and attention as I walked out of Target Starbucks.  I held on to my goal and my sanity by making a quick jog out of that devil place :) It is a good thing I don't actually know if all of that Lilly stuff is on the shelves yet.  It is a good thing I am very determined and very tired on Friday afternoons.  It is a good thing I have been doing this a month and don't want to be embarrassed by a lack of self-control.  I really feel like I am on my way to success.  Thanks for all of the support.  Spring break is coming up in three days...things could get ugly.  Stay tunes...

No comments:

Post a Comment