What can I say after surviving day 5? Things are occurring, they are certainly occurring. My classroom is out of candles. My Bath and Body collection of daily-necessities like body cream and room spray is dwindling. My daughter's birthday brunch is quickly approaching. And, it is the first day of a weekend challenge. Yikes.
Yesterday at school was teacher denim day. Most people love denim day. I am constantly amazed at how much excitement people in all walks of life find in denim day. I, however, do not find denim day to be much more than a day of stress. I have never been a real fan of jeans. I find them to be rather difficult to fit and not so good looking on most people. They seem just a bit too casual to wear in a professional environment and I always worry that the day I show up in jeans will be just the day an important meeting or conference happens to take place. It is not easy for me to plan my denim day outfits to meet the criteria for a teaching day. I do not do casual so well, especially in the winter. It takes much effort to create an outfit for school that works with denim. Ah well, I found an ensemble that was sufficient for a freezing cold Friday in March.
I ended up putting together two items that I found while "shopping" in one of my closets. I located a brand new pair of Levi's boot cut jeans and a really fun leopard print belt I must have purchased last summer at Talbot's. I threw the jeans on with a white long-sleeve tee and a comfortable cozy ivory sweater. The belt matched well with one of my favorite bib necklaces, so there we have it. An outfit is born. Oh...I also have these great tan suede ankle boots that looked great at the bottom of my new boot-cuts. It was an outfit that was denim and also, fair for me to wear for a crazy day of teaching.
Getting back to what is occurring to me...I am putting so much faith in my husband during this process. He is not only in charge of groceries; he is in charge of procuring all of the needs of this family when it comes to celebrations and gift-giving. He has no idea what he has agreed to. I know his initial excitement comes from an understanding of the money we can save, if I go through with this. What he probably hasn't been able to fully grasp is what it takes to celebrate the life of a family of five.
We are celebrating our baby girl's twenty-first birthday this weekend down in Cincinnati. Thanks be to God, I created her gift many weeks ago by shopping religiously every day for about six months. I can't yet say what I got, but suffice it to say, it is way more and way different than I feel my husband would have picked up the day before her big day. He will learn a ton about what it takes to appreciate the big moments of family life. I have faith in him and in our marriage. I believe I have raised him up pretty well. Hopefully, he has been paying close attention.
We shall see. Today he needs to get the gift bags and tissue situations together for both my daughter's 21st and my sister's 50th later this week. Soon he will have to make trips to get candles and lotions. I am not sure I see that going too well. Things may not be smelling so good in room 222 this spring. God forbid I should run out of deodorant! Enjoy your weekend. Pray for my self-control this Saturday. I might have too much time on my hands.
No comments:
Post a Comment