I had to drive up to a doctor appointment with the wonderful Dr. Cook at the Hand Center up by Polaris Mall. I had emotionally prepared myself to drive right by the mall without looking or stopping or even thinking. That part went well. However, I was not prepared for the sight before me as I turned into the road that led me to Gemini Parkway.
There, straight ahead, as if taunting me, sat the most amazing D.S.W. I have seen in a while. As it has been quite a bit of time since I have traveled up to Polaris, I had forgotten about the slew of shops that are not carefully contained within the mall space. I was prepared to ignore J Crew and Talbot's. I had steadied myself to the notion of rudely driving right past the lovely Ann Taylor. I thought I was ready. But when I rounded the bend the stop light turned red and left me staring "face to face" with my very close friend D.S.W.
The picture below is evidence of my drive by. Don't worry, I was at a red light when I took the picture. I am so proud of my behavior. What stuns me now is that I am actually still thinking about the perfect black flats and great new spring sandals I could be missing. They could be sitting right on the shelves waiting for me. They could be just what I "need" as I dance happily into warmer temperatures and warming sunshine. I can feel the joy of my feet slipping into the smooth brand new interior leather of a new pair of shoes. I can imagine the way my latest pedicure would be shoe-cased in a new pair of sandals. I can honestly say that a new pair of shoes brings me an indescribable feeling. It feels like new life. As ridiculous as that sounds, it is true.
I will absolutely miss the hours I would have spent traipsing through the aisles of D.S.W. this spring. It is one of my favorite activities. It is part of my hobby, as my son Sam would say. It is a way of entertaining and educating myself. It is a way of checking in on the world of fashion. Oh, what will I do? I suppose I will stay strong and continue to drive by. If there were one thing that may cause me to fold on this journey, it may be D.S.W.
No comments:
Post a Comment